Ozone filters create sparkling clean, healthy, chemical free swimming pool environments. Ozone (O3) is an extremely reactive gas that is composed of three Oxygen Atoms. It is created naturally by sunlight and lighting. Commercially, it is created by using a spark on very dry air. Ozone reacts quickly with organic and artificial compounds that are easily oxidized including sweat, urine, mold, algae, bacteria, viruses, lotion, oil from our bodies.
Ozone has been used as a sanitizer for 100 years.
Benefits Of Using An Ozone Filtration System In Your Swimming Pool
- Ozone works 2000 times faster than chlorine.
- It is more than 100x stronger than chlorine.
- But – it has only ½ the life.
- It is among the safest and strongest oxidizing agents used for sanitation.
- Ozone breaks down and reverts back to its natural state – Oxygen (O2).
- Along with chlorine, it meets government standards and improves performance.
Swimming pool owners can spend more time in their pool and less time cleaning, or waiting for the pool chemicals to balance. Sometimes even weekly pool maintenance isn’t enough to prevent problems like green and black algae, bacteria, chemical problems, equipment not working right, bad odors, chlorine smell, and health problems.
System Benefits of a Pool Ozone Filter
Prevent or reduce chloramines (bound chlorine)
- Lessens gases that damage pool infrastructure
- Reduces chlorine corrosion
- Less ventilation is needed
- Decreases energy costs
- Improves air quality
- Provides better filtration
- Less pipe cleaning is needed
- Improves the performance of sand filters
- Prevents carbonate scaling, or removes existing scale
- Prevents greasy sediments on pool sides.
An ozone filter can extend the life of your pool, protecting your property value, and improving your investment. Reducing build up and corrosion is the first step to protecting your tile and equipment.
Aesthetic Benefits of using an Ozone Filter in Your Swimming Pool
- Ozone Filters leave the cleanest, crystal clear sparkling pool water
- An excellent sanitizer
- Reduces potential cancer causing byproducts – chloro-organic compounds.
- Reduces odors – Directly decomposes organic waste by oxidation
- Decreases Chemical Use 70 – 90%
There is nothing more difficult than trying to remove black molds and algae. They ruin your pool and ruin your opportunity to entertain friends. Instead, use an ozone filter and enjoy sparkling clear water.
Health benefits of using Ozone Filters in a Swimming Pool
- Eliminates red eye, rashes or chlorine-induced skin reactions (pool is not a toxic environment)
- Eliminates chlorine smell
- Reduces health related problems (Sports Medicine [SPORTS MED.], vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 256-261, 1996)
- Kills bacteria, viruses, and protozoa such as giardia lamblia and Cryptosporidium organisms associated with gastrointestinal illness.
- Prevents airborne endotoxins which may cause breathing problems
- Reduces harmful chemicals
- Removes metals
- Leaves the water feeling smooth
- PH neutral
- Kills mold and other organic pollutants
An ozone swimming pool filter can change your pool from a chore to a pleasure by reducing the work load, and leaving you more time to enjoy your pool. Contact us to see about upgrading to an Ozone filtration system.